Yahoo! Exec Says Labels Should Sell Music Without DRM
Yahoo Music chief Dave Goldberg raised eyebrows Thursday at the Music 2.0 conference in Los Angeles with a proposal rarely heard from executives at large digital music services: Record labels should try selling music online without copy protection.
Dale's Comment: Here Here!
- Steve Jobs Calls for the End of DRM for Online Music Sales (February 7, 2007)
- Wired Article: Signs Music Industry May be Abandoning DRM (January 8, 2007)
- EMusic Sells 100 Millionth Song without DRM (December 15, 2006)
- EMI's Blue Note & Yahoo! Music Sell a Few More Songs DRM Free (December 6, 2006)
- ifpi Board Member Quoted as Saying Major Labels About to Abandon DRM (November 27, 2006)
- First a Song, Now a DRM-Free Album – Yahoo! (September 19, 2006)
- Weird Al Yankovic's New Single: Don't Download this Song (August 23, 2006)
- Yahoo! Offers DRM-Free Jessica Simpson Song (July 20, 2006)
- Yahoo! Exec Says Labels Should Sell Music Without DRM (February 24, 2006)