This YouTube iPhone demo says it all! I want one!
I do have a few criticisms:
- 8 Gigs is not enough RAM for the music and videos I’d want to carry around. 30 Gigs of storage would be my preferred minimum.
- Cingular’s U.S. exclusivity.
- No Canadian or other International carriers announced – though Rogers is a pretty good bet for Canada given its relationship with Yahoo! and nation-wide GSM coverage.
- Walled-Garden – no third party apps will run on it – no SKYPE.
- No WiFi VoIP announced.
- EDGE only – no announced 3G support – though Steve said its planned and rumors are it already exists – until then, non-WiFi web access will be s … l … o …. w.
- 5 hr battery life for phone or video or Internet seems a bit low for me (the 16 separate hours for audio is fine).
All that said, I still want one! Come on Rogers! Do a deal with Steve!