Kazaa, Record Company Lawyers Ready for Australian Appeal
The appeal follows the September 5, 2005 judgment, which was dubbed a “landmark” decision by both sides. The judgment guaranteed the continued operation of Kazaa, while the record companies saw the decision as striking at the heart of internet piracy. At the time, the record companies reportedly said they would not be appealing the decision.
- RIAA P2P Defendant Brings Class Action Suit Against Kazaa Creator Sharman Networks (December 12, 2006)
- P2P Download Defendant Argues Kazaa Settlement Covers Him (Greubel) (November 20, 2006)
- Kazaa Settles for $100M+ and Goes 'Legit' (July 27, 2006)
- Kazaa, Record Company Lawyers Ready for Australian Appeal (February 20, 2006)
- Australian High Court Rules Against Kazaa (September 5, 2005)