How YouTube Avoids the Internet Copyright Police
In this interesting set of articles, the EFF and ars technica explain why YouTube, for now, seems safe from the Internet police in that it takes advantage of the safe-harbour provisions of the much hated, fair-use inhibiting, DMCA.
- Why Google & YouTube are Not Getting Sued Out of the Water (December 11, 2006)
- YouTube Faces Heightened Copyright Scrutiny Since Google Buyout Announcement (October 30, 2006)
- YouTube Sued by L.A. News Service (July 17, 2006)
- How YouTube Avoids the Internet Copyright Police (July 17, 2006)
- RIAA Sends Cease and Desist Letters to YouTube/Google Video Users (June 15, 2006)
- YouTube's Looming Fair Use Battle (May 5, 2006)