Danish Court Blocks AllofMP3.com
One of Europe's largest ISPs, Tele2, has been ordered by a Danish court to block AllofMP3.com, the controversial Russia-based MP3 etailer. To my knowledge, this is the first decision of its kind anywhere in the world. The decision sets somewhat of a precedent insofar as there is now an affirmative obligation of a Danish ISP to effectively censor the sites their customers can access. Tele2 has said it will appeal the decision.
Dale's Comment: This ruling can be easily circumvented by Danish web surfers simply by using any of the numerous anonymizer sites on the Internet.
- AllofMP3.com Lives On Despite U.S./Russian WTO Agreement (December 10, 2006)
- Russia Agrees to Shut Down AllofMP3.com at U.S. Request (November 29, 2006)
- Danish Court Blocks AllofMP3.com (October 25, 2006)
- Visa and Mastercard Stop Servicing AllofMP3.com (October 18, 2006)
- Russia Implements Internet Piracy Law in Gambit to Join WTO (September 1, 2006)
- BPI to Sue AllofMP3.com (July 5, 2006)
- AllofMP3.com Responds to Recent Scrutiny (June 6, 2006)
- Russia-based AllofMP3 Launches DRM-free allTunes (March 29, 2006)
- RIAA's Next Big Target: Russia (December 27, 2005)