Category — Cease & Desist
Post a few seconds of you or your friends dancing to an RIAA-member song on YouTube or Google Video? Expect a cease and desist letter from the RIAA.
Dale's Comment: I wonder how the RIAA is going to justify how a video of my sister contorting to the Chicken Dance is going to hurt their members' bottom lines.
- Why Google & YouTube are Not Getting Sued Out of the Water (December 11, 2006)
- YouTube Faces Heightened Copyright Scrutiny Since Google Buyout Announcement (October 30, 2006)
- YouTube Sued by L.A. News Service (July 17, 2006)
- How YouTube Avoids the Internet Copyright Police (July 17, 2006)
- RIAA Sends Cease and Desist Letters to YouTube/Google Video Users (June 15, 2006)
- YouTube's Looming Fair Use Battle (May 5, 2006)
- Music Industry Targets Guitar Tab Sites (August 14, 2006)
- Lyrics Dustup Ends in Apology (December 16, 2005)