Categories: Digital TV
Ars Technica provides this CableCARD primer describing the current state of cableCARD 1.0, the future of cableCARD 2.0 and the Downloadable Conditional Access System (DCAS), which may do away with CableCARDs altogether.
- FCC Chairman Declares No More Blanket CableCARD Waivers (January 12, 2007)
- TiVo Continues to Fight the Good CableCARD/Integration Ban Fight (October 19, 2006)
- CableCARD Primer (February 6, 2006)
- Microsoft and Cablelabs Agree on CableCARD Integration into Windows Media Center (November 16, 2006)
- FCC Releases 12th Annual Report on the Status of Competition in the Video Programming Market (March 3, 2006)