Bush Signs Digital TV Transition Bill – Setting February 17, 2009 Deadline
Bush signed into law legislation setting February 17, 2009, as the date U.S. broadcasters must end transmission of analog television signals and move to all-digital broadcasts. The move from the upper-700-MHz spectrum band will free 60 MHz of wave space for auction to mobile wireless carriers and 24 MHz for emergency response agencies.
- Bush Signs Digital TV Transition Bill – Setting February 17, 2009 Deadline (February 8, 2006)
- Broadcasters to Move to Digital Television by February 17, 2009 Under Senate Bill (December 21, 2005)
- U.S. Digital Switchover on Feb 17, 2009? (December 19, 2005)
- FCC modifies Digital Tuner requirements to advance DTV transition (November 3, 2005)
- House Approves All-Digital OTA Deadline by 2008 (October 27, 2005)